The director of the Museum and Institute of Zoology in Warsaw invites applications for a full-time POSTDOC position
The contest is for scientists with a doctoral degree or doctoral students whose thesis was already formally reviewed. We are looking for people interested in a scientific career. The successful candidate should have extensive experience in the analysis of biological data (modelling) and publication as first author in high-ranking journals. We expect good skills in English and the ability to prepare manuscripts. Knowledge of GIS software, statistical programs, molecular genetics and willingness to learn new techniques will be important advantages.
We are working on the co-evolution of an avian host-parasite system in New Caledonia. The results include both genetic and ecological data. In addition, we are also working on other species of birds in New Caledonia. The successful candidate will mainly work on the analyses and publication of results.
Conditions of employment:
Employment: contract of employment for a period of 12 months extendable for another 16 months (maximum of 28 months). Place of work: Warsaw
Conditions and mode of recruitment:
Candidates will be assessed by the following criteria:
1) scientific achievements with particular reference to publications in which the candidate is first author (30%),
2) knowledge of English (30%),
3) experience in the analysis of biological data (20%),
4) motivation and predisposition to research work (10%),
5) participation in research projects (10%)
Candidates are required to provide the following documents:
1) cover letter
2) Curriculum Vitae
3) list of publications and a description of the scientific achievements
4) copy of the doctoral diploma
5) two letters of reference
6) other documents the candidate considers important
Please include the following clause in your cover letter: "I agree that my personal data are used during the recruitment process, in accordance with the law of 29.08.1997 on the protection of personal data, OJ Nr 133 poz. 883.”
The project leader reserves the right to contact only selected candidates. Successful applicants will be invited for an interview by Skype. The candidate who obtains the highest number of points in the rankings will be employed.
Documents must be delivered by March 13, 2015:
2) 1 set (the original documents) by mail to: Sekretariat MiIZ PAN, contest for a postdoc position, Wilcza 64, 00-679 Warsaw
Documents received after 13 March 2015 will not take part in the selection procedure. The decision will be made until March 30, 2015.